Sunday, May 10, 2009

On the front page

Dear, dear... it's been an exhausting, albeit rather exciting and utterly weird week for me. My husband, my colleagues and I have been working very hard to put together the latest exhibition at the IAMM, entitled "A Decade of Dedication". The PM came to launch it on Friday, with the First Lady of Malaysia.

As if that wasn't exciting enough, Tun Dr Mahathir, Tun Dr Siti Hasmah, Datuk Seri Utama Dr Rais Yatim and Datin Seri Utama Masnah Rais were special guests at the ceremony. I had the honour of giving the PM, his wife and the special guests a tour of the exhbition. My tummy felt like it was hosting a Monarch butterfy migration.

That same morning, I appeared on Malaysia Hari Ini (TV3) at about 8.30 a.m. Then, later, I was told I popped up on TV again during the evening news. That earned me a number of sms from friends who gave me a ribbing about about my 15 seconds of "fame". An aunt, who saw me on TV, called up my mum to tell her about it.

To my mild horror, on Saturday, mum told me that I appeared with the PM in most major Malaysian newspapers. Berita Harian even put the PM on the front page due to his comments on the DUN Perak incident. I happened to be in the picture with him. Yikes. Apparently, a few of my very observant relatives saw me in the papers and told my elder brother about it.

I haven't seen any of the papers, but I got to see an online article of one of them. Yikes.


Anyway, to celebrate Mother's Day, my husband and I went and got our first ever foot massages. It was good, we'll be back!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...