Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Magic lanterns for writing by moonlight

On a recent trip to Ikea, I found wonderful tealight-sized scented candles (Tindra). There was cinnamon, apple, vanilla... and maybe one or two more fragrances, but I got the vanilla. It smelt the best to me. I was about to purchase some tealight holders, when I decided to put them back. I thought I had a better, and most importantly, "free" solution for it.

See, I've been saving up my used jam and feta cheese jars and reserving them for a higher purpose. I knew they would make great tealight holders, and I was right! Check out the lovely way the glow above. These are my magic lanterns... each night, I light two vanilla-scented candles and set them on my desk. They gift me with a sense of calm and fill me with delight, as I write by moonlight...

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...