Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Australian Museum's climate change reminder postcard


It seems I WILL be going to Sydney next week after all. I'm leaving on Monday, and I'm so happy that I get to go! Incidentally, I received a postcard today, which I sent to myself while I was in Oz back in June. It was from an exhibition called "Climate Change: Our Future, Our Choice," that I saw at the Australian Museum.

It was a very, very cool exhibition. It talked about pollution, carbon emissions, energy efficiency, sustainable living, endangered wildlife etc. In the exhibition, they had a station where you could stop and write a pledge to do something about climate change. You then put the cards up onto a peg on the wall, and leave it there until they mail it back to you, to remind you of your pledge. It was such a cool idea that I couldn't resist making a pledge.

While I'm happy to report that I have stuck to my pledge, I forgot all about the postcard until it arrived on my desk this afternoon (see above). Here's the back:



Horrible handwriting, I know, I'm surprised that the postal workers managed to get my address right. I'm even more intrigued by the lack of a postal mark...

To see more pledges from the exhibition, go here. Vote Earth!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...