Sunday, January 16, 2011

Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion wins the prestigious Dartmouth Medal


I received an email from Kathryn Earle, Managing Director at Berg Publishers today, which read:

Dear Colleagues,

I am simply thrilled to tell you that the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion has won the prestigious Dartmouth Medal. This is the most important award for Major Reference and the result is down to your hard work and dedication.


 We also won the ALA Outstanding Ref Source for both. I don’t think life gets any better than this! I will toast you all this evening. This really is a very big deal.


 We will send out a press release but I do not have emails to hand for everyone who made this possible, so please forward this news on as appropriate – in particular to any significant members of the editorial team.


 Congratulations all around!


Such wonderful news! I'm thrilled to be part of this achievement! You can check out my essay for the encyclopedia here, and the news release here.


No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...