Friday, August 12, 2011

Shocked: London riots

Like the rest of the world, I am absolutely shocked by the sudden outbreak of violence in London. It looks absolutely terrifying on television, and to think I was there just a few months ago! Ashraf Haziq Rossli, now the inadvertent "face" of the London riots, was attacked in Hackney, which was not far from where I was. It's crazy scary how people can just turn violent all of the sudden, clearly there are many unhappy people in London, and they have a bone to pick with "Big Brother." Still, their frustration is no excuse for violent and destructive behaviour. I pray that peace will be restored soon and that everyone there will be okay. My prayers also go out to Ashraf and his family. 

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...