Monday, January 27, 2014

Chinese New Year feasting - Be prepared :)

Each time Chinese New Year rolls around, I can't help but recall the time when I attended an ex-colleague's open house many, many years back. She had prepared quite a spread, and since my friends and I got lost on the way to her house, we arrived well past lunch time and were famished. Her mum was an especially kind and attentive hostess, asking us to eat more and more. Guess, what? We did, and boy, did my friends and I overindulge! 

That evening, when I got home, I started having this awful burning sensation in my chest. That was the first time I ever experienced heartburn! To make it worse, I didn't know what to do about it, so I had a very uncomfortable night. I would later experience heartburn while I was pregnant with my first child. Both times, I hadn't realised that there was a remedy for such a condition. 

Apparently, one of the tricks to preventing heartburn and indigestion is understanding food's hot and cold properties. Have a look at this infographic:  


Based on the facts above, I should definitely gravitate towards cooling and neutral recipes, so I'm going to keep that in mind from now on! So far, I haven't had heartburn during this pregnancy, but if it does rear it's ugly head, I have a bottle of Gaviscon ready! It'll also come to the rescue in case I overindulge again this festive season ;) Hey, I'm five months pregnant, so I've got quite an appetite right now! 

Want to see how Gaviscon works? Check out this video:


Gaviscon doesn't just come in bottles, it also comes in handy tablets and sachets too, so you can carry them in your wallet or purse when you're on the go. To learn more about Gaviscon and their range of products, do visit the Gaviscon website. Have fun but east responsibly everyone! I'd like to wish you all a happy and prosperous Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...