Monday, April 20, 2015

4 things I love from Daiso

Since I've become a WAHM (work at home mum), I've embraced my inner domestic goddess more each day. And part of it has to do with finding those little things that can help make my life and my home a little more organised. One of my favourite places to shop for home organisation stuff, is Daiso. The Japanese are so good at organising that they've come up with all sorts of thingamabobs to get your life sorted out. But are these things really useful? Or will you just be buying more stuff you don't actually need? 

Well, I've bought four items from Daiso that now I just can't live without. They are...

Four items from Daiso that i really like

1. Water bottles: These fit nicely in the fridge door and look decent enough to pull out and place on the dining table. 

2. Sponge drier: I never knew this little plastic thing existed, nor how much I needed it in my life. It keeps my sponge dry and in its place, ready for action :)

3. Collapsible colander: Why is this so special you ask? Well, it collapses, so when I don't need it, I can just store it away neatly without having it take up too much space.

4. Microfibre cloth: I'm new to this phenomenon, but it's never too late to start. Dusting and mopping is so much easier with microfibre cloth, because the dust clings to the cloth (unlike rags). It's also very absorbent and is easy to rinse out.  

Of course, I've bought a lot more stuff at Daiso and not all of them have made a difference in my daily life. In truth, not all time-saving gadgets will actually save you time, either because:

1. You don't like using it and prefer to stick to your same old method of doing things
2. You don't really have an opportunity to use it often
3. The item doesn't work as well as you'd hoped

Still, I'm open to trying new things, in the hopes that they will make things easier for me. How about you? What are your favourite Daiso buys?

PS: Post GST now Daiso's items cost RM5.30 :P

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...