Friday, April 4, 2008

The Kris: Heritage of Humanity @ Essenze magazine

Looks like my article was made a cover story in Essenze (Vol 10-2008)! Can't complain! This time, my article talks about the significance of the kris in traditional ceremony and personal adornment. I must confess that my knowledge on kris is limited and that arms are not my cup of tea, but, I thoroughly enjoyed researching and writing this article, as the kris is an icon of Malay culture.

I love the picture on the first page of the article. Its a black and white photo of Tuanku Abdul Rahman kissing a kris during his installation as Malaysia's first Yang di-Pertuan Agong. My article was spread out over 3-pages and I find the design very elegant. The designer did a terrific job!

Essenze Vol 10-2008

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...