Saturday, November 21, 2009

Burton, Child and Powell

First of all, let me just say, that I would give almost anything to see Tim Burton's retrospective at MOMA...

Sigh.It's 6.22 pm on a rainy Saturday evening. I feel very stuffed, having eaten a late lunch takeaway of Kenny Rogers and a bar of Kinder Bueno, both courtesy of my husband. I just watched Julie and Julia on my computer. Meryl Streep = Goddess. Amy Adams = cute. Great story.

I am very happy for and a tiny bit envious of - Julie Powell. I am sure I'm not the only one ;) She started with a blog, she then wrote a book, and then it got turned into a movie by Nora Ephron. Julie and Julia is the first film ever made based on a blog, and it's a successful movie at that.

Having visited Powell's blog(s), I can't say that they came off as very interesting... particularly because there aren't any pictures. I am a visual person, what can I say? I am a fan of food blogs, and follow quite a few, so I suppose I've come to expect that such blogs come equipped with gorgeous, inspiring pictures. But, clearly, it's her words that draw people to her.

I will make it a point to read her posts, and learn a thing or two. I promise not to swear on my blog though.

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...