Thursday, October 17, 2013

Project sawi bonanza 2: Sawi with cabbage stir-fry

You may have read in an earlier post that my neighbour, Mr Lee, recently gave me a big bunch of sawi (mustard greens), and that I've made it my mission to put it all to good use. Following my first recipe, sawi soup, I decided to stir fry the sawi with some cabbage that has been languishing in my fridge. A very simple and humble recipe, but a good way to get your daily veg. Here goes:

kobis sawi (2)
Check out the recipe after the jump!



Sawi / Mustard greens with cabbage stir-fry recipe

Ingredients
2 cups cabbage - chopped 
1/2 carrot - sliced thinly
A handful of sawi (mustard greens) - chopped
1/4 large red onion - chopped 
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tablespoon dried shrimp (soaked in water and crushed)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil

Method
1. Heat oil and saute dried shrimp, onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add all the vegetables and stir fry until the leaves have wilted (but don't overcook!)
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Ready to serve with rice.

Note: Feel free to add shitake mushrooms, baby corn, snow peas etc for more colour and texture. You can also substitute the dried shrimp for a dash of oyster sauce.

kobis sawi (1)
It's really that easy, just throw everything into the pan!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...