Friday, November 16, 2012

This is how I (spring) roll...

I like the ease of frozen foods, but some ready-made products don't turn out so well once you've thawed them. They can end up crispy on the outside, but mushy on the inside, or worse, they can fall apart while you're frying them!


I'm happy to say that I've found some ready-made spring rolls that hold together well, are easy to fry up and taste good too. I spotted these Wafi'z brand vegetable spring rolls at Kedai Ayamas and thought they looked good, so I got a pack of 20 for RM6.90. 


It says on the packet that it can go from "freezer to fryer," but I had to keep mine in the chiller section of my fridge for a few days, because I had run out of freezer space. Anyway, when I took them out to prepare for tea time today, they were already thawed out, so they fried up in no time. They were crispy and the filling was just nice too.

PS: Next time, I'll try frying them up without thawing them out first, to see how they turn out.

1 comment:

Rose world said...

Look good and yummy! I never buy the ready made spring rolls. Like you said, I prefer to handmade my spring rolls. I made chicken floss spring rolls before (http://kuchingnite.blogspot.com/2012/11/weekend-menu-36-spring-roll-snack.html). A lot of works but I enjoyed it. Next one would be potatoes and frozen mixed veggie spring rolls. :)

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...