Saturday, April 19, 2014

I have pre-eclampsia :(

Just a quick post. I came home from a 10-day hospital stay yesterday, and my nerves are still a bit on edge. On a routine antenatal check up on 9th April, the doctor found my blood pressure alarmingly elevated and had me sent to the hospital by ambulance. At PPUM, I was diagnosed with severe pre-eclampsia, which is what I had been dreading. I won't go into details, but the hospital stay was a very trying and scary time.  Rest assured, however, that the doctors and nurses there were very professional and kind. 

:(
Waiting to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. The clinic stuck a line in my left hand.

:(
At one point, I was meant to go home, but then I had a second hypertensive crisis and had to spend three days and two nights at the emergency ward, where they stuck another line in my right hand :(

I am happy that the doctor allowed me to go home for the weekend and that I actually made it home this time. For now the medications are working and I hope I will not have to stay in the hospital again until the time my baby is ready to be delivered. I have a blood test on Monday and a detailed scan + doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I hope all will go well. According to my doctors, I will probably have to deliver my baby prematurely at 34 weeks, which is 3 weeks from now. Please help pray for our safety and that everything will go well.

1 comment:

miss interpreted said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry to you. Hope that you will get better soon. You're such a strong person, I believe in you!

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...