Friday, June 19, 2015

Art Attack! Making a zig zag photo frame

You know that show Art Attack? I've loved it since I was a kid. I used to watch Neil Buchanan whip up all sorts of cool stuff, and I used to think to myself, "Gosh! That's so cool!" These days, I enjoy watching Art Attack with my kids on the Disney Channel (Astro Ch 615).

7

During the recent school holidays, Amir and I tried our hand at making an Art Attack Zig Zag Photo Frame using materials we had at home. Here's how we made it:

1
1. First, we assembled our materials. We dug up some family photos and got some corrugated board. I cut the corrugated board into three pieces, in a size slightly larger than our photos.

2
2. Then Amir cut holes in the middle of the corrugated boards to make frames.

3
3. Amir decided that he wanted a cat on our photo frame, so he drew a cat's head and tail and cut them out.

5
4. Amir then added some details to the cat using marker pens.

4
5. We then attached the frames together with masking tape, so they formed a zig zag shape.

 6
6. Then we attached our photos to the photo frame using more masking tape.

IMG_20150619_144258
7. And that's it! We're done! It was a fun and quick activity ans we love how it turned out (Even baby approves).

If you'd like to learn how to create cool crafts with your kids like this, be sure to catch the new season of Art Attack! Just join  new host of Disney’s Art Attack, Marco M. Borromeo on Disney Channel (Astro Ch 615) every Saturday and Sunday at 12noon. Watch the Art Attack Season's Four Trailer here:


Now in its fourth season, Disney’s Art Attack is the award-winning program that has introduced millions of children to the joy of art. Fret not if you can’t paint within the lines and don’t worry if your dog clay model looks like a mouse – Marco will show you that all you need is lots of creative ideas and loads of enthusiasm. So what are you waiting for? Tune in and be ready to get Art Attacked!

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...