Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Set Dinner @ Fuze, The Everly Hotel, Putrajaya

We managed to squeeze in a one-night stay at The Everly Hotel for a super quick stay-cation and to treat mum to a belated birthday dinner. So let me share with you the scrumptious fare we enjoyed there!

Dinner @ The Fuze, #everlyputrajaya
The yummy Christmas Dinner Set @ Fuze Restaurant


So there was a promotion going on over the festive season. Usually the rooms are RM250+ per night with breakfast for two, but during the promo, the room was RM280+ with breakfast and dinner for two. We didn't know what the dinner was going to be, but it turned out to be a lavish set dinner with a Christmas theme. It was well worth it, because the Christmas set dinner costs around RM80+ per pax.  

Christmas Set Dinner Menu @FuzeRestaurant, The Everly Putrajaya
Here's the Christmas Set Menu.

Salmon salad
For starters, yummy marinated salmon. I din't quite like the greens underneath it though.

Asparagus and leek soup
Leek and asparagus soup - yum!

Seabass in lemon butter sauce - Fuze, Everly Hotel, Putrajaya
I had the pan-seared sea bass, It was just fine for me, but you know, when you watch shows like Master Chef, they always talk about that crispy skin on fish? I wonder how you get that :P

Steak, Fuze, Everly Hotel, Putrajaya
Hubby had the T-bone steak. It was really tender, but my hubby didn't like that it was pink inside. Clearly, he doesn't know how to enjoy a proper steak! LOL. I LOVE the pink!

Dessert - Christmas pudding with vanilla sauce
To round it off, Christmas pudding (non-alcoholic). It's basically a very rich fruit cake. A little too rich for my taste :)


Chicken chop
My eldest son Amir had the breaded chicken chop with gravy from the regular menu.

Fried kuey teow
And mum wanted the Char Kuey Teow. 

I ordered a slice of cake for mum from their cafe, Nuevo, and they had it delivered with a candle at the end of dinner. I forgot to take a picture of the cake :P It was chocolate mousse I think. All in all, we had a great time. There wasn't a dinner crowd, but at breakfast, it was clear that the hotel was packed!

Also, I'd like to note that while we were there, they were renovating the pool area and gymnasium. It seems they are setting up a pool-side bar. So the pool was closed off during the mornings and open around 3 p.m. Thankfully, my boys got an opportunity to go for a dip :)

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...