Thursday, December 14, 2017

Look what I got in the mail today!

Sometimes, when you're a freelance writer/ editor, you have the pleasure of working on so many different projects that you don't always get to stay updated on the progress of those publications. This is one of those instances. A few years ago, I met a doctor/ author named Dr Anayasmin Azmi online, and we had the chance to work together on some of the children's books she had written. They were charming tales with valuable lessons in Islamic teachings, and I thought they were really unique.

After I finished editing the books, the good doctor and I kind of went our separate ways, and lost touch with one another. Fast forward to 2017, someone recently asked me about the editing that I did for Dr Anayasmin's books. The memory floodgates opened and I realised that I don't have them in my home library! Fortunately, I was able to find Dr Anayasmin on Facebook and we got in touch again. She very kindly sent me the books for Arif and I'm happy to share them with you now :)

IMG_20171214_140913

IMG_20171214_141250

IMG_20171214_140919

IMG_20171214_141011

IMG_20171214_140925

IMG_20171214_141338

It has been several years since I first read the stories, but I still love them, and the wonderful illustrations really help bring everything to life :) Alhamdulillah I had the chance to work on these children's books, I hope I can work on more in the future.

If you're interested to get these titles for your children, do head on over to Aulad Read and Play. They have a fascinating selection of other books as well.

No comments:

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...