Thursday, August 11, 2016

Trio Air Fryer Review

One of my least favourite tasks when cooking is deep frying, mainly because it takes such a long time and it leaves my kitchen oily. Plus, using so much oil isn't healthy, which is why I've been wishing for an air fryer for quite some time.

However, I was put off from owning one because the models I find in stores are expensive, some retailing near RM1000! So I was happy to discover that there are less expensive models online. I recently went on Lazada and got myself a Trio air fryer, which cost me about RM250.

After using it for a few weeks, here's my review :)

IMG_20160723_100400
The Trio air fryer is quite large but has a sleek design nonetheless.



IMG_20160723_095517
It arrived via courier in a large box.

IMG_20160723_095646
The features of the device are on the box.


IMG_20160723_100413
Here's a look on the inside. The basket can be removed for washing.

And now, here's the result of some oil-less frying!

2016-07-28_11-39-28
I was able to fry four small-medium sized fish at one go. I marinated them in salt and turmeric. I find that the fish does turn out to be slightly dry. To prevent this, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to the air fryer.

PhotoGrid_1469444845635
Frozen potato wedges turn out great in the air fryer. No oil is needed and they turn out warm and fluffy :) You can only cook small batches at once.


PhotoGrid_1469444766930
I love the results of my fried chicken the most. I can fit two legs in the basket and I've fried them up with no oil, yet they turned out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

Conclusion
I find the air fryer to be an indispensable tool in my kitchen, because I don't have the luxury of spending too much time in the kitchen these days. For one, my toddler hates it when I'm in the kitchen for too long and he's always clinging onto me. Secondly, I'm busy with work and helping my elder son study, so I can't waste time on watching food cook :P

With the air fryer, I just put the food in and leave them to cook. In about 15-20 minutes, they're done! So far, I'm really happy with the Trio air fryer. It was a good buy :)

Update 7 March 2018:
I'm no longer using my Trio air fryer. Perhaps because I used it quite heavily, it broke down. The dial just stuck and it wouldn't turn anymore. But prior to this, I clumsily dropped the inner basket and a plastic piece broke off from the base of the handle. And over time, the black coating of the inner basket started to peel off and get stuck on my food. So though the Trio air fryer served me quite well for a few months, in the end it could not stand up to my heavy usage.

If you'd like to read a thorough review on some of the top air fryer brands in the market, do check out this article by Review.com

2 comments:

Slamet Riyadi said...

Great stories ... looks like air fryer makes cooking more easier ...

Anonymous said...

I'm in a middle of looking for an air fryer and was contemplating between Phillips and Trio. 've been reading a number of reviews on Lazada but after reading your review, I think I'm gonna go with Trio. Thank you for helping me a lot with your well-written review. The pictures help a lot! :-)

Welcome 2019: Time to Grow

Happy New Year everyone! I'm so so excited for 2019 and everything that it'll bring. I'm starting the year with gratefulness for...